Guest Blog || Amy Nickson
We all want to follow our dreams. But at times, situations occur in such a way that we become bound to leave our dreams and do needful things for our livelihood.
Let’s say, you take up a job that you don’t like at all. Well, it can help you to earn money but most likely, you won’t be happy doing that job. And that’s why it’s important to pursue your dreams. It will boost your confidence and you will be proud of yourself.
But if you have debts to pay off, you might think that pursuing dreams is a distant dream. But actually, it’s not. Here are some of the tips that you can follow to pay off debt while pursuing your dreams like:
If you have debts to pay off, starting a business can seem challenging. But with proper planning, your personal debts can’t hold you back from fulfilling your dreams.
You just need to find out different funding solutions that can help you to start your business and fulfill your dreams. Here are a few things that you can follow:
● Reduce your cost of living by following a minimalist budget. It will help you to eliminate unnecessary things from your monthly budget and focus only on the essentials. Thereby, you can save a substantial amount of money.
Because one of the hurdles of starting a new business is having adequate cash flow. So, by reducing your cost of living, you can manage cash flow in your business. And dedicate some funds to pay off your personal debts too.
● Apply for small-business grants that provide free money for startups. You can visit Grants.gov to find out the grants provided by various government agencies in our country.
Also, you can apply for some corporate small business grants like FedEx Small Business Grant Contest that awards $250,000 to 12 small businesses. But your business should have been operating for at least 6 months and not having more than 99 employees.
● Look for crowdfunding to establish your small business. You can find an ample number of crowdfunding websites like Kickstarter, Indiegogo, etc. where you can pitch your business ideas. If your project idea seems interesting enough to attract people, you can raise a decent amount of money for your business.
This way, you can start your business without racking up any new debt. And at the same time, you can continue paying off your existing debts. Besides, once your business starts generating revenue, you can dedicate more funds to your debt repayment and get rid of debts faster.
Are you overwhelmed with debts?
If yes, you might be trying hard to get rid of debts as soon as possible. No doubt, carrying debts means you are likely to sacrifice a substantial amount of your income for making monthly debt payments. And eventually, you may have to compromise your financial goals too because of not having enough funds.
So, it’s always better to lead a debt-free life to focus on achieving your other dreams. You can stretch your budget by reducing your expenses as much as possible. And thereby, you can save some money to dedicate towards your debt repayment.
If it’s becoming cumbersome for you to make necessary payments, you can talk to your creditors to settle your debts and get rid of them. If they don’t agree to a settlement, you can take the help of a reputable debt relief company to help you with settling your debts. They are likely to have a team of debt consultants who are experts in negotiating with lenders. So, by opting for their services, you can become debt-free without much hassles.
If you have a passion for traveling, please don’t let your debts stop you. You might think that traveling is too expensive. And it can drain all your savings.
So, you need to find a happy balance with your holiday spending and for that, you need to set up a travel budget. Thereby, you can save money on your tours that can help you to repay your debts. And by traveling, you can fulfill your dreams too. So, here are some tips that can help you:
● Fly with a budget airline to save money. However, you have to make sure that you are not falling prey to their additional fees like paying for choosing seats, snacks or meals, etc.
● Try to travel during off-seasons. Usually, due to heavy demand, flight rates and hotel prices are on the higher side during peak seasons. So, traveling during off-seasons can help you to save money and you can enjoy your vacation without much crowd.
● You may have to shell out a good amount of money for staying at a decent hotel. But if you can opt for Airbnb, it can help you to save some money and you can get the feeling of “a home away from home” too. But remember, you will be staying in someone’s home or a spare apartment. So, if needed, you can talk to the host before confirming your booking.
So, the bottom line is, paying off debt while pursuing your dreams is not a cumbersome task to do. All you need to do is proper planning and implementing effective strategies to accomplish them.
Hopefully, the above tips will help you do so. And once you become debt-free, you are likely to gain control of your finances and you will be able to focus more on pursuing your dreams.